Friday 24 March 2017

OOTD - Budget Vintage Look Using Modern Pieces



Todays outfit is a collection of charity shop finds and vintage accessories to get a vintage style using modern pieces that don't cost the earth! I love hunting out vintage inspired items of clothing at charity shops and thrift stores. I tend to spend a little more on accessories that are good quality vintage to offset the outfit.


This 80's skirt is one of my favourites. It's a pencil skirt but midi length so it falls a few inches below my knee, I am always on the look out for skirts of this length.

I bought this for £3 at the Caberet vs Cancer sale in Bethnal Green late last year. It's a great shade of brown because it can work as a staple for so much in my wardrobe.


This shirt I picked up in one of the North London Hospice shops for £3.75 and it's perfect for a vintage look. It's from the 80's and it didn't look like much on the hanger but I loved the pattern and colours so much and I knew it would work with the right skirt.

As it is short sleeved I wore a modern red cardigan over the top of it to keep me cosy. Again this came from a charity shop.

I am obsessed with these vintage style hotter shoes and was so happy when I found a coordinating yellow belt in the Finsbury Park branch of the RSPCA shop for £2.50 as it brings everything in this outfit together.


As a birthday treat to myself I bought this Waldybag which came complete with tags, the original purse and mirror! This was from a charity seller on ebay and was £25.00. it's in perfect condition and is simple gorgeous.


On work days it can be hard to use my vintage handbags if I have a lot to carry. I found this vintage crochet bag in a charity shop and snapped it up. It's great for extra storage and when I am not using it I can stow it away ready to whip it out when needed.

I wet set my hair last night and wore this lovely felt vintage hat. I decided it was a big red lips day as I am going out for birthday drinks tonight.


I am so looking forward to my proper birthday tomorrow when I'll be running around Kew gardens with fellow vintage lovelies. I'll be posting about that special outfit over the weekend!

Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment