Friday 31 March 2017

Top 5 Alternative Summer Dresses For Vintage Fans

I can't wait for sunnier days to be here but I sometimes find it hard to buy dresses that aren't the typical summer brights when I am looking for something a little different. So here are my top 5 alternative summer dresses for those of us looking for something alternative.

1. Bethany Lilac Swing Dress, £30, Lindy Bop


What drew me to this dress was the colour, I prefer more muted tones and I think this dress would really stand out in the summer crowds because it's something a little different from the usual brights.
It's got a nod to the nautical trend that comes around every summer but it's subtle with the rope detailing on the neckline and lovely black trims. It would also carry very well through to autumn and winter later in the year.



2. Collectif vintage Simona Banana Swing Dress, £57.00, Collectif 

I absolutely love the print of this dress, A lot of summer dresses go a bit crazy for novelties but this print is just enough for me. The bananas add enough colour to make it bright and cheerful enough for the summer months. It's busy enough to look great all on it's own but it could be dressed up or down for daytime and evening.


3. Brenda Dress, £79.00, Seamstress of Bloomsbury 

I have recently become a first time SOB customer but I had fallen in love with their fabrics a long time before, I love how they use very traditional fabrics and in the summer their crepes will be so light and cool to wear. If you are not one for flashing the flesh this dress would be gorgeous in summer because it is made of 100% natural fibre which is much more comfy even on warmer days. 


4. 1940's print Lana Pineapple Brown, Coming soon £99.00, Vivien Of Holloway 

I have been obsessed with the Lana dresses for a while and when watching a VOH live video on Instagram I spied this beauty. It's got a tropical quality about it with the gorgeous print but I love the colour combination too. It's nothing too garish or obvious, it's more a traditional and classic reproduction style which the market has been crying out for. 


5. 1950's "Charlene" Shirtwaister Dress, £49.00, Rock N Romance 


This is another great print because of it's traditional quality, shirtwaister dresses are great wardrobe staples for any time of year because they look great on their own or layered up with a cardigan when the weather is not so sunny. It's made of rayon which will make it so comfortable and would look great with espadrille wedges in the day, heels in the evening or barefoot at the end of a summer party! 


(Images property of 1. Lindy bop, 2. Collectif, 3. Little Wings Factory, 4. Vivien of Holloway and 5. Rock N Romance) 

I hope this gave you some ideas for alternative summer styles. Lets just hope the sun follows... 
Until Next Time 
Love 
Lucy 




2 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with the Bethany dress from Lindybop when I saw this post, and I placed an order for it the other day. It's on it's way to me here in Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Jacqui, it is lovely isn't it! I hope you enjoy the dress when it arrives!

      Delete