Sunday 7 May 2017

Lindy Bop Gracia Jumpsuit Review

As part of my birthday treat to myself I did quite a large order from the Lindy Bop sale. I decided with such a big discount I would try something a little different.

Since my wardrobe consists almost entirely of skirts and dresses one of these Gracia jumpsuits hit my basket and I was excited to try it out.

This jumpsuit is a dark blue, somewhere between royal blue and navy. It's a muted tone in keeping with the 40's. The jumpsuit comes with a bow as shown below.
                                                 Image result for lindy bop jumpsuit bow
Image property of Lindybop

Because I like to be able to switch things up a bit I actually unpicked the bow and attached a pin and a hair slide to it, so I can wear it as intended or I can pin it to my hair, a handbag, onto a cardigan etc. That's why it's missing in my pictures.

The Gracia jumpsuit is currently £33 on their website which you can visit here. 



The fabric is nice and heavy which is needed to give the appropriate amount of drape in the legs. It offers a little stretch making it boobie flattering. It's tightness on the top means the bust looks shapley and enhances the overall cut.

The fabric also irons really well, which is a must for someone who is ironing board phobic like me.

The neckline is a lovely sweetheart shape which gives this jumpsuit more of a feminine touch and I think it balances it out really well.


I really like the length of the body, it doesn't look too tight and this is key for jumpsuits to avoid the "toe" It skims over the tummy giving a very clean line.

The legs are wide, I actually love them and had previously thought they would make me look huge but I think they draw the eye to the very pulled in waist and create a lovely shape.


It, of course, has pockets which always goes down well with me!


I decided to go very "Rosie" for this outfit and wear my hair in an updo with a yellow scarf to compliment my belt and shoes.


My trusty red cardigan kept me warm but I'll be wearing this with a white or printed shirt too or on it's own.

In terms of fit I bought my usual size 14 and found the fit spot on. The leg length are very long, I am 5'8 and was wearing 2-3 inch heels so shorter people might have to take the legs up unless wearing very high heels, but better too much material than not enough I say!

I hope you enjoyed this review, I'd like to try some other styles that are new to me and branch out a little this year.

Until Next Time
Love
Lucy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment