Monday 12 June 2017

Make Up Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit Review

Make Up Revolution.


I am a big fan of this brand, found in Superdrug. Their products are often described as "dupes" of more expensive products. They are budget friendly and really good quality for the price.

The Retro Luxe Matt Lip Kit caught my eye. It's definitely reminiscent of the Kylie lip kits so I decided to give them a trial. 


The lip kits are £6.00 each. There was a promotion on at the time, spend £12.00 and get a free palette. I decided to get 2 lip kits in Echelon and Glory.

Echelon is a pink nude colour and Glory is a very dark brown which I couldn't resist as I am a little late to the dark lipstick party but I love the more dramatic shades.

Couple of days later, based on the performance I picked up two more colours, Regal and Noble. This also meant I got another free palette! 
Performance

These lip kits come with a lip pencil and the matte liquid lipstick. The colours on the boxes are not true to the colours on the boxes so you'd definitely want to test them before buying.

The liner colours are generally pretty good, I personally think Echelon's liner is slightly off, it still looks nice but it is just one shade off the lipstick itself which I wasn't expecting. 

The liners are super creamy so they are really easy to put on and don't pull at your lips which is really lovely. 

Top to bottom: Glory, Regal, Noble and Echelon 

These do not dry down to a true matte, they are still a little sticky on the lips, I don't mind this since I usually find liquid lipsticks drying but if you're expecting a totally dry matte you won't get it with these. 

These liquid lipsticks do not budge easily so I could put a little chap stick over the top halfway through the day just to freshen it up. without it causing any patchiness or wear to the colour.  

These are difficult to get off because of the stay put formula, however they do budge with oil based products, or in my case just plain old olive oil. This does mean that if you eat anything oil based you will have to top up. 

All in all I am really happy with these for the price, they stay on well and are not too drying and the colours are rich, I used one coat. 

In terms of the freebies I got one lipstick palette and one eyeshadow palette.

 

I am mad about Revolution eyeshadows as they are really pigmented and this palette has a good mixture of mattes and shimmers, neutrals and darks. 


I choose this lipstick palette because I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out some colours I wouldn't normally go for and you get lots of options with this one. 


I always keep an eye on what Make Up Revolution are bringing out because they are a good brand for your pocket and regularly have great special offers. 

Until Next Time 
Love 
Lucy 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment