Saturday 15 July 2017

Review - Lindy Bop Bee Print Tie Front Blouse - We Love Manchester Emergency Fund

When I saw the bee print tie front blouse on Lindy Bop's website I thought it was perfect for a summer to autumn wardrobe. 

It was even better when I read that 100% of the proceeds go the the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund. The cost of the shirt was £20 and it is excluded from special offers or discounts. 



The shirt is 100% polyester and has a lovely crepe feel to it. It's not too man made feeling or sweat inducing. 

It also didn't wrinkle much during a day at the office which is a definite plus! 




It has 3/4 length sleeves which I always prefer as I love my bangles to be on show. The shirt is cropped so it works well with a high waisted skirt or a high waist trouser. 

I always size up with anything that has buttons and since this is not a stretch fabric I ordered an 18 (usually 14-16 in Lindy Bop depending on the fabric) It's looser than intended on the waist but the tie detail means this doesn't matter so much, I am just happy there is no gaping. 


The print is gorgeous, all different sized bees that look to be swarming around. 

I love the little pocket detail which is a faux pocket flap, I prefer this as when the shape of the pocket is stitched in they are always too small on my bust and look a bit silly so I am really pleased that this detail has been left simple. 


The ties on this shirt are generous and this is another plus, if they are too short they don't give an effective amount of "dangle" plus as they are longer you could easily tuck them in to give the shirt a different feel. 

I got a number of things from Lindy Bop and did a haul on my youtube channel which you can watch here

I will write reviews of all the other items as I go along so watch this space! 

How I Wore It 



I paid tribute to the bees with bakelite, using my black and gold swirled bangles, my honey like apple juice spacers and this chunky yellow number which is a recent acquisition. 


In keeping with this colour scheme I wore these bakelite clip on ball earrings in a colour affectionately nicknamed "goose shit" 


And of course these days I never go anywhere without Hotters on my feet, these yellow ones get a lot of wear and were perfect with this outfit. 



What do bees love? Flowers! I gave my original vintage basket bag an outing, I am trying to make sure this gets it's fair share of attention whilst the weather is dry. 



In terms of make up I applied a layer of resting bitch face and Revolutions retro matte lip kit in Glory, I am loving dark lipstick at the moment. 

Also aren't my roots doing well? 

Until Next Time 
Love 
Lucy 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment