Monday 7 August 2017

Edith's House - London Vintage Eatery Review

Edith's House Crouch End has been my go to eatery for a while now. Usually a weekend treat for me post carboot sale or before I head out somewhere.

I decided it was time to write a proper review of this little gem of vintagey goodness.

Edith's House is located on The Broadway, Crouch End. A peek through the windows reveals a hidden world where vintage reins supreme.

The decor in Edith's House is a vintage lovers dream, the seating is split into areas...


The Bedroom









The Dressing Table






The Telephone Seat






The Smallest Room






The Dining Room






The Lounge







Everywhere you look there are vintage pictures and ornaments and the specials are written on plates which hang on the wall.


 

Everything has a vintage element at Edith's House...

 

The hostess with the mostess Roux looked after me very well, Edith's House is a dog friendly establishment, and Roux is especially friendly when you have got the dog treats!





 The Food


It's the food that keeps me coming back to Edith's House, to be honest a lot of vintage styled eateries have the best of intentions but more emphasis goes on the decor than the quality but this is not the case here... 


The Menu 





(Menu images property of Edith's House) 

The menu has just enough for returning customers to keep it interesting but is not overwhelming. 

There is always something tempting on the specials menu too, I usually have the breakfast bundle (a creature of habit) but for this review I decided to try smoked salmon scrambled eggs and truffle oil on sourdough. 






This dish was absolutely gorgeous, the bread was toasted perfectly, the eggs were seasoned just enough (I put salt on my eggs wherever I go except Edith's House) and the smoked salmon, arranged in a rose shape, was beautifully fresh. 


Drinks


Tea is the order of the day when I come to Edith's House because they serve loose leaf tea which comes with a strainer, cosy and a proper cup. I love their lavender and chamomile tea but they have an extensive list.



They have a range of soft drinks too and for the purposes of review I also sampled the homemade lemonade which was so fresh and not too sweet. I'm fussy about homemade lemonades and this had just the right amount of tang!



The pricing of the menu at Edith's House is fantastic for the quality and the quantity of the food you receive, there is a reason this place is so popular with locals. 

Another thing I love about Edith's House is the story of how is all began, I'm a romantic and love anywhere that has a story!


Edith's House story




(Image property of Edith's House) 

Edith's House can also be hired for parties, oh how I would love to have a birthday here! For more information visit their website www.edithshouse.uk

I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Edith's House, it's something that has to be experienced!

Until Next Time
Love
Lucy
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment