Wednesday 28 February 2018

February Beauty Favourites


I am a fan of make up obviously however I do like to keep my products to a minimum these days and not have boxes overflowing with products. 

This month I have found a few new favourites that I wanted to share in a post now that I have tried and tested them. 

Barry M Lip Scrub £4.99 (Superdrug)


I always thought lip scrub was a bit of a fad however since I have started wearing more liquid lipsticks I decided to try one. Liquid lipsticks can be quite drying by the end of a long day. 

This lip scrub is Mango scented and sugar based. It's not so coarse that it irritates, because the skin on your lips is delicate. This scrub naturally starts to dissolve with a little water and left my lips really soft. 

It contains Vitamin E, Avocado and Jojoba oil to keep your lips moisturised after using it and I have found that it makes a big difference to the performance of my lipstick. The only downside I can find is that you are not supposed to eat this but it taste so nice! 

Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit £6.99 (Superdrug)





I did a review of Make Up Revolutions lipsticks not long ago but I am sorry to report after initially being really impressed with them the products soon dried out and the wands warped in the bottles. 

I tried one of the Barry M liquid lipsticks a few months ago and now am happy to say they have lasted. This was the first one I bought in a kit with a lip liner as I generally don't use pencils. I am happy  I did as the Barry M lipliners are the traditional more waxy consistency that I prefer. 

The consistency is wetter than other liquid lipsticks when it goes on but this means I am not pulling the skin on my lips in applying it and they dry really fast. I prefer having a few seconds to push the product around so thats one reason I really love these. 

This shade is called "So Chic" and dries to a dark brown tone. I am really into dark lipsticks against my autumn and winter wardrobe. 



Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder £6.99 (Superdrug)  


Baking means something very different in my world but a loose powder is essential for setting my face in the morning. This one by Rimmel is perfect for me because it's not too yellow or pink, it's is a truly neutral for my skin tone. It lasts all day and doesn't clump or gather in fine fines. 

 It's not always the most expensive products that will perform best but finding products that suit your skin and your budget which is most important. 

Until next time 
Lots of love 
Lucy 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment