Tuesday 20 December 2016

Twas The Week Before Christmas For All To Freak Out

If you are anything like me you are freaking out about Christmas and the gifts you need to buy.

I appreciate that this is especially hard for my family since I don't shop on the high street. I also have to be careful with what products I use so bath sets etc can be problematic.

So I thought I would do a quick blog round up of my favourite vintage inspired last minute gifts to give anyone shopping for a vintage enthusiast some ideas...

The following are designed to be easy buys without having to worry too much about sizes, skintones etc.


Make up 


You could buy your vintage loved one a compact, more specifically a Stratton compact. Stratton do lovely giftware and many of their products have matching pieces so you could inspire a collection. I love this icons compact with the black and white portraits and this is available in a number of different options as shown. Visit their website for stockists.

Visit: http://www.strattonofmayfair.com

A make up palette is always a great gift, especially when it is something you wouldn't normally treat yourself too. The Balm is available at Debenhams and I received the "How Do You Like Them Apples" cheek and lip palette last year (£28) and the colours are really vibrant, the consistency is great and the pigment lasts all day. The packaging is also cute, which matters (it just does, don't ask me why!)

I am loving the Voyage palette this year, although at £37.50 it is not cheap!


Benefit always have some great christmas specials and this year they have put together some of their best products into these oh so cute dolls head gift sets. You get some great products at a considerably better price than if you bought the items individually and this particular one offers make up and some skincare so it's a nice combination. Beware - these are selling out fast! £39.50




Hair 


If the vintage enthusiast you are buying for is new to vintage hair then Claire's accessories is the place to go. They have a range of products that are great for a novice or for a vintage lover with very little time. 

Scunci is my favourite brand for vintage inspired hair tools (they do excellent pillow rollers!) and at the moment these are 3 for 2 at Claire's! Below are my beginners gift recommendations 





Reading material 


There is still time to rush in an amazon delivery and the following is I would recommend for a vintage enthusiast, just make sure they don't already have it! 

Style me Vintage - any of the books in this range would go down well as these books are excellent resources for tips on vintage styling and shopping. My personal favourites are...






Robes 

I don't know anyone who doesn't love a robe and a vintage inspired wrap that will leave your vintage lovely feeling glamorous and pampered is always sure to be a hit. It's also something we all to often neglect until someone buys us one! 

These two are my personal favourites from House Of Fraser. I love the oriental details of the Biba one or if you are buying for your sweetheart she could easily make like Dita in the sexy see-through robe.  Buying them something to go under it is optional ;-) 

 
Biba £60.00 / Bluebella £36.00

I hope this helps anyone struggling to buy for a vintage honey. 

I look forward to bringing you a Christmas and New Year round up soon but in the meantime I wish you all a Merry Christmas! 

Love
Lucy 

*Images property of Stratton, Debenhams, Benefit, Claire's, Amazon and House of Fraser respectively. 

**All views are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment