Saturday 7 January 2017

Christmas Outfit Round Up

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year, not least because it provides an excuse to dress up, not that I usually need one! I love having time off work and being able to pamper myself with hair, make up and nails, it's like getting ready for a night out every day.

Christmas Eve

We always spend christmas eve with my Dad and my stepmum and have a casual takeaway, before exchanging gifts. I decided to wear this oriental style Laura Ashley blue and floral print dress with oriental collar, I teamed it with a gold bolero and some sparkly high heels which I kicked off as soon as I got there!

Since it was a busy day (due to last minute shopping!) I did an updo with some chopsticks in my hair and a couple of victory rolls at the front.



Christmas Day

This year we made our way over to my sisters house for a family dinner, I was super excited because it was my nephews first christmas so it felt really special. I wore a monsoon twilight 50's inspired dress and went totally over the top as it is christmas day, I wore my faux fur cream jacket and silver Hotter Donna's. I had wet set my hair and went full on 50's style. I have this halo hat which is tiny so I pinned it on as a fascinator.


Ladies Who Lunch

I desperately wanted to see my oldest friend Laura and her two children and we decided to go for a no frills Harvester lunch after christmas to catch up. We had such a lovely time with the kids. I wore this Sea Salt dress which I picked up in the sales and my purple beret, I threw a cardigan over the top but it was such a nice day I had to wear sunglasses! This was a nice easy casual look to do on a day when I was feeling the Christmas strain a little. More about Sea Salt to follow in my product review next week.



Birthday Time

My younger sisters both have their birthdays around christmas so we always make an effort to go out and celebrate so they don't get forgotten. For our night out in London Bridge I decided to wear this gorgeous tropical print dress by my wonderful friend Karen at Reinvintaged and coordinated it with a a victory roll updo with a snood and hair flowers. I used my Banned Apparel  flamingo bag - keeping it tropical.

Glenn Miller Orchestra

I bought my mum tickets to the Glenn Miller Orchestra at the Barbican centre in the afternoon of New Years Eve. I wanted to get dressed up for this and decided to give this suit it's first outing, it's by Nicola Wainright and is from the 80's but is very forties in style. My dad got this for me for Christmas.

Due to a little holiday weight I didn't feel right in the skirt so I pulled on my stretchy black high waisted pencil skirt and a black top. I wore brown heels and brown Kelly bag to tie in with the jacket. My hair and make up were very traditional again for the daytime, I have been wearing victory rolls and snoods a lot this party season as they make everything so easy and you still look dressy.


PS The orchestra was fantastic and I am really looking forward to seeing them at Twinwood this year!

I hope you had a wonderful festive season and Happy New Year!

Until next time
Love
Lucy

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment