Sunday 21 January 2018

£1.00 Vintage Life Hacks

I've always been a fan of a hint or tip, long before the internet was a feature in everyone's homes my sister Vicky and I would laugh over the readers suggestions page in my grandma's "Take a Break"

Tips like "Why waste money on stickers to stop birds flying into your patio doors when you could use sanitary towels instead?"

But I'd like to think my tips are slightly more helpful than this and today I had a Poundland flash of inspiration so here are the life hacks that have made this Vintagers life instantly easier...

Necklace Nonsense

In my new year clear out I was in despair for my necklaces, I hardly wear them because I didn't have anywhere to keep them where I could see what I had.

In Poundland's 50p sale I spotted these utensil holders and was inspired.


I knew these would not be too wide for the inside of my wardrobe door so I bought two to try it out.

The hooks are perfect for necklaces that don't have any fastenings and the rest of the rail displays all my necklaces at one glance.



I will need another one but now I know it works well I'm chuffed.


Moth Mania

I'm obsessed with moth protection but kept finding that the moth ball packets, which I would hide away  in little corners, easily become forgotten about and then when I find them I don't know if it's a new or an old one.



Solution...these little organza bags (5 for £1) from the wedding/party section of Poundland house the moth balls perfectly but also look more attractive and are quite vibrant so when it comes to replacing them I can spot each bag easily and replace the moth ball.



Brainy Bakelite Idea

A few months ago I saw a huge wine box in a charity shop and picked it up. Now I pick them up whenever I see them. This one was £1.25.


Bakelite needs to be stored properly. I used to store mine in plastic but I was told this was a bad idea.


Wine cases like this one are perfect for this because a bottle of wine is a little wider than the average bangle meaning these wooden boxes are the prefect shape for bake!

I hope you enjoyed these hacks. I have a load more of little hacks I use to keep on top of my vintage so I might do another post like this in the future.

Until Next Time
Lots of love
Lucy
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment