Monday 29 January 2018

January In Review and Erstwilder

I don't know about you but  feel like January has flown by! I can't believe it's almost February already.

I have been really focusing on my new year's resolutions this month and taking a step back to evaluate. It's been really good and I'm feeling very motivated.

Making Healthy Choices 

In terms of making healthy choices I have been making lots but actually enjoying it. I'm not on a "diet" but just choosing the healthier option every day.

The cost of my shopping is so much cheaper and I'm enjoying cooking healthy alternative recipes of my favourite meals. I might share some of my quick and easy recipes on here in the near future although this blog will never become a diet blog!  





I've also been moving more and walking to work when the weather is ok, I've just bought some new trainers as my old ones fell to bits so no excuses not to use my gym membership now!



Seeing Friends

January was a quite month and financially I wanted to recover from Christmas. However every year I get together with a very old friend of mine. We worked in the same office for nearly 10 years and always go out for her sister's birthday at the end of January and it makes for something nice to look forward to! 


I'm glad I had one social thing to do in January and seeing her reminded me of the people you do keep in your life for good reasons.

New Experiences 

I haven't had time to travel anywhere obviously however I have been spending time on Google researching lots of the places I would like to visit both in England and abroad.

I've also started a really good budget spreadsheet to work out all the costs to make sure I can fit everything in.

Now they say you should reward yourself when you are doing well but I didn't want to buy any clothes or anything like that because I have just done a mammoth charity shop run and this is half of my for sale pile...

So I decided to pop into town and I treat myself to a little something in order to reward myself, especially since I have not had cigarettes for a month as well as my healthy eating.


As soon as I saw this Erstwilder brooch in the flesh I fell in love with it. Out of all of their Grease range I think this one is my favourite because it's the best scene in the movie in my opinion.

The brooch itself is beautifully made with the iridescent pattern on the cape and the individually crafted rollers in her hair catching the light, I just adore it!  

I hope you've had a productive January too!

Until next time
Love
Lucy
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment