Sunday 4 February 2018

Accessories of Old - Haul Post


Some in the vintage community, especially those in London, might know of the treasure trove that is Accessories of Old. 

The unassuming storage container in Fulham is packed to the brim of vintage dead stock accessories. 

They only have sales very occasionally and this weekend they hosted a three day event starting on Friday. 

I headed down there on Friday morning, so good is this sale that is was worth booking a half day off work for! 

Here is a little look at all the things I got...

Brooches 



Spring and Easter are on their way (I hope!) and this cute little basket will look great with some spring florals and pastel outfits. 


I love this unusual plastic brooch with white butterfly, it's in perfect condition. 


Lockets are a favourite of mine as are dangle brooches so this picture book locket pin was a no brainer for me! 


This little stag is made out of plastic and has lovely intricate details. 


I love autumn and this harvest brooch is the perfect colours for my autumnal coloured clothes. 


I love reverse carved lucite and this brooch has such bright colours but I also love the white surround that made it even more eye catching. 


I am not much of a royalist but this brooch with it's unicorn representing Scotland and the lion representing England caught my eye. 


This bamboo style brooch is a bit special, I have a smaller orange one like this but this is a larger version that I found tucked away in a corner of a box. 


This leaf brooch is mock mother of peal and a perfect addition to my collection. 


Another unusual dangle brooch, I love windmills and the little clogs make it really special. 


Hats are an essential part of my vintage life. A hat brooch was an obvious choice for me! 


These two medal brooches will make great collar clips, I like the fact that they are a little different from each other but would wear them together. 


I couldn't resist this little accordion, I know an accordion player and bought her a brooch recently but I might keep this one. 

Collar Clips 



I adore horses and this was too good to pass up, It will look great being showcased on a white collar or on a cardigan. 

Earrings 



Fruit is a big thing in vintage jewellery and these perfect condition tutti fruity earrings had to come home with me. 



These earrings are screw backs and will be perfect with some of my 60's style dresses many of which are pink for some reason. 


I loved these more atomic style earrings that are very light weight, they had these in lots of colours. 

Necklace 



This necklace is another locket, I love the romanticism of it, I must find some photos to put inside. 

Bag Handle 



I was thrilled to find this, a colleague of mine is going to show me how to crochet and I want to make a white bag to go on this. Hopefully I can have it ready by the time we go to Twinwood. 

Dress Clips 



I was happy to find two matching dress clips and in dark green too, these are plastic and I have a pink 1940's dress with a green pattern that these will go perfectly with! 

Gloves



To find gloves in such beautiful condition, unused, and in my size is almost too good to be true. 

My Haul



The sale was very well organised and we were given rubber gloves to dig through all the treasure, 15 suitcases full in total. 

You can follow them on Instagram @accessoriesofold1

I hope you enjoyed this peek at my haul. 

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy 
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment