Saturday 10 February 2018

In Retro Specs with Specsavers

In the back of our minds most of us know our eyes are important but it can be an area we neglect to get checked, only checking in when we notice a problem. 

As a HR lady I remind people to get their eyes checked in the office but it was my good friend Catherine's experience which you can read all about here that really pushed me to get my eyes tested. 

I booked an appointment at my local Specsavers, you can do this online and it is really easy so there is no excuse, it literally takes seconds. They will send you an email and a helpful text reminder too! 



My experience at Specsavers was very reassuring, first my eyes got photographed by two machines that took images of my inner eyes and these were sent through to the optician in minutes. Before I knew it I was sat in front of a screen reading D...T...F...K... 

The optician was the first in all my eye tests to explain without jargon what my prescription means, that it is very slight but as I work in front of a screen all day I should be aware of it and limiting the strain on my eyes. 

She also said I have very good veins which I took as a compliment! 

Choosing my glasses was best part and as Specsavers had a deal on I could get two pairs at the cost of £69.00 or more for the price of one. 



The first pair I chose was this slight cat eye frame, I'll probably use these more for the office as they are very smart. 





I love the subtle frame on these, adding just a hit of colour. 




The arms of these are a mottled design with some flame red hints, they are just interesting enough for me but will coordinate with most things which is what I want in a daily pair of glasses. 




For my second pair I chose a more defined black frame with a white rim, these are bolder but still classic too. 






I love how the white edge makes the winged shape, it's really eye-catching. 



The price tag also includes the lenses, I love the one price up front approach. Specsavers also do a range from £25.00 and even with a smaller budget you can still get something classic and stylish. 


In total including the sight test I spent £109 on my new glasses. Glasses might feel like an expense but your eye health is worth it and if you are going to wear them everyday you should wear ones you love. 

For anyone needing some style inspiration for eyewear visit their hub here: https://www.specsavers.co.uk/loveglasses

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment