Sunday 15 April 2018

London Hat Week and Cahoot's Birthday Fun!

Last month I turned 33, I must say your thirties are quite brilliant!

I always try and do something a little different on my birthday and happily this month it coincided with London Hat Week!

Catherine from Vintage Frills usually indulges me in a birthday escapade and we made a plan to meet up for a couple of the exhibitions. To explain London hat week is made up of a schedule of events ranging from theatrical productions to the hat exhibition itself.

We decided to go to the hat exhibition and the Suffragette event, both were big held at different locations as the events are across London.

The hat exhibition was fantastic, a range of milliners from all over the world had contributed to this exhibition.


There were so many to see we had to walk around a few times as there seemed to be something new each time.

I found so many of the pieces so inspiring, some were unapologetic in their political theme.

 

Others took inspiration from previous decades.

 

Here were some of my  other favourites.

 

 

After seeing all these amazing hats we ventured down to the Millennial Rebels exhibition which was showing a selection of wet plate photography depicting the suffragette movement.


I had never seen a wet plate photo up close and we had a long chat with the artist, Nicolas Laborie who was so welcoming and took a great deal of time explaining his process and asking us all about our vintage style.

They were also asking people to write their message on a board and to have a photo taken, here is our one where we thought about a message that we would convey to the little ladies in our lives.

"Be yourselves for yourselves"

Next we were off to Cahoots. If you are not familiar Cahoots is a bar in Soho, Kingly Court, that looks like a tube station from the 1940's. The entire place is themed and the staff patter is like something out of an old movie.


I had two cocktails (well it was my birthday!) both of which were delicious. I love how each one was served. No expense is spared on the decor in the drinks and beetroot roses mixed with leaves and chilli peppers was the order of the day.

 

Although Cahoots is a little on the expensive side I would definitely go back for a special occasion, tables are booked up well in advance so it's not the kind of place you could treat as your local anyway!

After that we wanted round to Ain't Nothing But The Blues bar to listen to some music and before I knew it I was on a 12.30 tube home, which is a very late night for me these days!

Cheers! 


Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment