Thursday 5 April 2018

Teasmade - Bluebird Tea Co Subscription Box Review

I've been struggling in this cold weather with my making healthy choices resolution. I am a creature of hibernation when it's cold.

To try to encourage myself to drink more fluids and because hot drinks tend to fill me up when I think I am hungry, I decided to try some new herbal teas.

After a bit of research I found that a tea subscription box would be a good way to do this.

I found Bluebird Tea Company online and happily they have an actual store in North London which appeals to me so I could pop in and pick up supplies too.


My first box was this Easter edition box, the beautiful art work on the front was designed by Clara Sais. Subscriptions start at £7.00 per month.

Your first box comes with a tea measure spoon, some drawstring tea bags and three types of tea as well as a Teabirds Guide which explains the different types of tea and the perfect brewing process - this will be handy if you have not used loose leaf tea before.


This months teas were:

Hot Cross Bun - Rooibos, Ceylon black tea, Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Apple, Rosehip, Orange Peel, Lapsang Souchong Tea, Vanilla, Cranberry.

This tea is a beautiful cheery cup, the fruits offset the vanilla perfectly so it doesn't taste too strongly of the vanilla which I usually find overpowering.

Peach Cobbler -Sri Lankan black tea, freeze dried peach, pink cornflowers, natural flavouring

This was a stronger cup that packed a real punch, I preferred it with milk to tame it a little. I could imagine this being nice as an iced tea too, I still have some left so I might have to try this in the future.

Easter Egg Nests -Sri Lankan black tea, cocoa nibs and shells, Japanese Sencha green tea, toasted rice, sunflower petals, vegan marshmallows, natural flavouring.

This tea smells almost like baileys, everyone at the office was asking what smelled so amazing, the tea is fresh and comforting and is lovely in the evening instead of a sweet treat.


I am so happy I signed up for this subscription box as it gives me the chance to try new teas without committing to a large quantity. Of the three I would re order Easter egg nests and hot cross buns as my faves.

Bluebird teas are sometimes limited edition so be speedy about ordering as I can imagine some of these blends are very popular!

Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx











1 comment: