Wednesday 2 May 2018

Loving Lana - Vivien of Holloway Dress Review

Quite a while ago now I wrote about how much I loved the Lana dresses at Vivien of Holloway, although I'd never quite found a way to splash the cash on one.

Over Easter Vivien of Holloway had a sale which always peaks my interest as it is a short bus ride away from me.

The first dress from my haul to review had to be the lovely Lana.  This one was 50% so it was £50.00.



The thing that drew me to this dress initially was the colour. I love autumnal tones and dark green features in a lot of my jewellery collection. I also loved the grey pattern which looks almost like stone, it makes me think of a garden in a stately home with statues and lush green lawns.



Secondly the cut of the Lana dress is very flattering, I've seen it featured on so many peoples Instagram profiles and I honestly think it looks great on everyone. The bust was generous enough and there are no buttons to consider.  

The waist is nipped in and give the appearance of a smaller waistline but still comfy to sit down in, it has a side zip which I usually consider the devil but the cut means you are not battling the zip once it reaches side boob! 

The draping on the bust and the waist gives the dress a lovely fluid movement. 


I generally always wear cardigans and I wondered how it would look with the Lana dress but the bust line, with the extra fabric folds, can lay neatly on top or just peep over a cardigan so it still features beautifully. 


This style of dress is in a very light weight fabric which is great for all seasons, in the winter I would add a slip but in the summer it will be fine on it's own. 

I have already washed and worn this one and I must confess I didn't even need to iron it because the fabric dried so flat! Always a welcome bonus for any dress in my house. 


I wore my new Miss L Fire shoes to the office too which I'll be reviewing next week. 

I have two other Vivien of Holloway styles to review thanks to the Easter sale so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks. Although I don't think this is going to be the last Lana in my wardrobe! 

Until next time 
Love 
Lucy 
xx 











No comments:

Post a Comment