Friday 11 May 2018

Psoriasis Post - Lush Goodies Review

My psoriasis is not something I have blogged very much about at all. I've had it for about 10 years and it affects me on the day to day especially in what I wear as I like to cover it as much as possible.

It's been a thing I have struggled with for a long time to be honest and is not something I have ever loved talking about. But social media has brought my attention to people who suffer from it talking about it, swapping tips and sympathising with each other, it's always nice to know you are not alone.

This month I decided to try some natural products as I have been relying on cheap and cheerful body lotions for a while and whilst they don't make it any worse they are a quick fix and don't offer much relief especially in this hot weather.


Lush Products Review



Bath bombs

I have always stayed away from anything to perfumed in cosmetics shops as they tend to flare my skin up but as Lush uses natural ingredients I decided to try some of their bath bombs.


Big Blue

The Big Blue bath bomb contains sea salt and seaweed, sea salt is very good for dry skin conditions and I have used bath salts in the past. The bath bomb turns the water a deep blue colour and the seaweed is really fun too. My skin felt very soft after this, just like the sea it loosens any built up patches of psoriasis without the need to exfoliate roughly. Exfoliating, whilst necessary, can be bad for your skin if you do it too hard or too often.



Dream Cream


Dream Cream has been hot in the press because a woman used it on her baby's eczema and it cleared up, I'm willing to try most things I read about to try to help my condition. This cream contains oats which have a magical power to stop skin itching so much.

At night I can sometimes scratch myself in my sleep so this cream gives a very welcome relief especially for a good night. It also contains rose water which is very good for relieving skin that is flared up. I noticed a difference in about three days. Also it smells lovely and really relaxes me when I put it on at night. No wonder it's called Dream Cream!



Butterball


As an alternative to the Big Blue I also bought this butter ball bath bomb which contains coco butter that melts into the bath water once the fizzing ends. It's a great alternative for people with sensitive skin as it moisturises the skin as well as making the water smell gorgeous!



Bath Oils

Aside from looking completely edible (they aren't) these little balls are dense in oils which is great for moisturising skin. They smell very decadent too. You just pop them in the water and let them melt away. They are especially nice for de-stressing in the evening, stress is a big component of my psoriasis so having time to relax is important.


Flower's Barrow and Furze


Floating Island and Mellow Moment 

I have noticed since using these products that my skin is a lot less red, it feels calmer and less itchy. I am sleeping better which is always an issue for me as my skin tends to keep me up at night when it is sore.

I don't think these products will cure my psoriasis, after all they are not designed to, but they have certainly offered me some respite from it.



I hope these reviews were useful, what are your favourite Lush products?

Until next time
Love
Lucy
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment